If you’ve never given kombucha a try, there’s no time like the present!
If you’ve never given kombucha a try, there’s no time like the present! Kombucha is a fermented drink made from sweetened tea and a specific culture of bacteria and yeasts’. It helps your digestion, rids your body of toxins, and boosts your energy. It’s also said to boost your immune system, help you lose weight, ward off high blood pressure and heart disease, and prevent cancer. Click here to learn more.
NessAlla Kombucha is available on tap in the Harvest Cafe. For on the go, we also carry a wide variety of other brands in bottles. Kombucha comes in several flavors such as plain, citrus, blueberry, ginger and more!
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, or neutral oil
- 3/4 cup agave or honey
- 1 16-ounce bottle plain kombucha
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Oil the wells of a muffin tin and have it nearby.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Pour the melted butter and agave over the dry ingredients, and then pour in the kombucha. Whisk the mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix or your muffins will be tough.
- Immediately divide the mixture among the muffin wells, and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and finish cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. The initial high heat of the oven will make sure the muffins pop out over the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm with more softened butter, if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Food Republic