Sweet potatoes are wonderfully healthful!
Sweet Potatoes are packed with nutrients and are readily available year-round. Whether you eat them roasted, baked or boiled they are a tasty addition to any meal. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients such as beta-carotene, potassium and fiber. To learn more about sweet potato health benefits, click here.
Moroccan chicken with sweet potato mash
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp ras-el-hanout, or a mix of ground cinnamon and cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp clear honey
- juice ½ lemon
- handful green olives, pitted or whole
- 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Mix the ras el hanout with seasoning, then sprinkle all over the chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large frying pan, then brown the chicken for 3 mins on each side until golden.
- Lift the chicken out of the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the stock, honey, lemon juice and olives, return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken cooked.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and season. Thickly slice each chicken breast and stir the coriander through the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over mash.
Recipe courtesy of Good Food